Arcam CDS27 CD Player
The CDS27 offers outstanding performance from all forms of compatible audio media. Music from SACDs and CDs and network is delivered with outstanding quality to the very highest standards currently available. Using Arcam‰ۡó»s unique and hard won engineering expertise the CDS27 delivers a truly exceptional performance, regardless of the media used.
- SACD/CD player with network streaming
- SACD & CD playback
- UPnP and CIFS audio streaming up to 192/24
- Audiophile grade playback
- TI/Burr Brown PCM1794 DAC
- Balanced and single-ended audio outputs
- IR and full duplex IP & RS232 control
- Stunning sound
- Low power 0.5W standby
Few specialist manufactures have ever stepped up to the plate and succeeded where development of digital disc playback is concerned. The technological know-how required for the successful design of high performance digital audio sources is vast. With more than twenty-five years of digital audio experience, not to mention global recognition of its efforts, Arcam is proud to announce the arrival of it‰ۡó»s newest disc player, the CDS27.
To ensure the CDS27‰ۡó»s music performance meets ‰ۡÌÝ?reference‰ۡó? standards the class leading TI/Burr Brown PCM1794 digital to analogue converter (DAC) is used. This device, coupled with a linear phase Bessel output filter and high precision re-clocking system results in a level of audio quality required in a dedicated audiophile CD player. Even the CDS27‰ۡó»s power supply has been specially designed for outright performance. Discreet sub-regulated power supplies on the drive, audio and DAC boards deliver significant benefits to the overall performance of each element and thus allow each section to work truly independently and without interference.
UPnP and CIFS compatibility allow for effortless integration into networks allowing the CDS27 to access stored content with ease.
As with all its FMJ devices, Arcam has gone to incredible lengths to maximise the performance of this next generation player. As an example the CDS27 benefits from a critically damped cover and chassis to virtually eliminate damaging microphonic vibration from reaching the sensitive electronics inside.
The CDS27 is designed with a single purpose; to deliver the very best music experience for discerning owners. It also features a full suite of discrete IR, IP and RS232 codes making it perfect for integration within a high performance home cinema installation.
The CDS27 is designed in the UK and is available in a discrete black finish
Analogue Audio Output
- Digital to Analogue conversion: 24-bit 192kHz Delta-Sigma DAC
- Signal to noise ratio: 110dB CCIR
- Harmonic distortion (1kHz): 0.002%
- Frequency response (̴å±0.5dB): 10Hz‰ۡÌÝÌÕ20kHz
- Output level (0dB): 2.2Vrms
- Output impedance: 47ÌÇå©
- Minimum recommended load: 5kÌÇå©
- USB: USB 2.0 High Speed (480 Mbit/s)
- Network: 10 BASE-T / 100 BASE-TX / Wi-Fi
- Dimensions: W433 x D278 x H87mm
- Weight: 6.2kg nett/8.5kg packed
- Power consumption: 20W maximum
- Digital output connection: 75ÌÇå© co-axial optical TOSLINK
- Mains lead
- CR902 remote control
- 2 x AAA batteries
- Wi-Fi antenna